Technical Consultant – Managed Services – New Orleans
A mid-market solutions provider, Centre Technologies specializes in infrastructure solutions including strategy, virtualization, storage, networking, security and collaboration built upon various technologies including VMware, Microsoft, Citrix, Cisco, Dell and HP to name a few. As a result of our unique approach, growth and experience in these areas of specialization, we also provide flexible, hybrid cloud computing services utilizing various technologies built in multiple Tier 4 datacenters.
Centre Technologies strives to be a client’s trusted advisor, to know the client’s business inside and out and offer solutions to issues small and complex, faced each day. We believe that our clients, our partners and our employees are key to our success and that these pieces combined make up who we are, Centre’s DNA.
Intermediate to Advance Proficiency
The Technical Consultant working on the Managed Services team would be focused on implementing and supporting various IT Infrastructure technologies as mentioned below with an emphasis on matter resolution, on-boarding of new clients, migration of data, implementation of new hardware and software, verbose documentation of projects or task and other duties as assigned.
Some out of town travel may be required to support client environments.
- Problem management and resolution of issues in a timely manner
- Prioritization of tasks and meeting of deadlines, excellent time management skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and assessment skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Must be a team player with outstanding customer service skills
- The ability to mentor and guide peers and assist teammates when skill set requires
- Entry of timesheets, expense reports and documentation on or before deadline
- Keep up-to-date on market trends, theory and new ways of doing things; embrace change
- Assist with change-management activities
- Prepare and deliver complete and concise documentation for all projects
- Present progress reports to immediate supervisor and or Project Manager (if so assigned)
- Manage multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Quickly turn business problems into technical solutions
- Manage configurations and the deployment of equipment in compliance with established technology policies.
- Participate in on-call schedule serving as higher level of escalation for compute, storage, backup, automation and virtualization issues.
Desired skill set requirements
- Advanced to expert knowledge and experience with Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8
- Intermediate to expert knowledge and experience with Windows Server 2000/2003/2008/2008R2/2012
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Windows Administration tools (AD Users and Computers, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, Sites and Services, etc.)
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge with Microsoft Active Directory including lock-down and delegation of rights, etc.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with Group Policy Objects
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Exchange 2003/2007/2010/2013 including mailbox moves, troubleshooting of common day-to-day issues, end-user configuration of ActiveSync and Outlook Anywhere, etc.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and experience with Microsoft Lync 2010/2013 technologies including basic troubleshooting of IM and presence, desktop sharing and mobile client connectivity
- Basic to advanced knowledge of various Citrix Technologies including implementation and troubleshooting of all or some of these technologies: XenServer, XenApp, XenDesktop, Web Interface and Secure Gateway, NetScaler ADC and Access Gateway.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with various VMware technologies including (but not limited to) migration, implementation and troubleshooting of all of some of these technologies: vCenter Server, ESXi, Operations Manager
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience of data backup strategies including those based on physical and virtual server, workstation, laptop and tablet protections
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with systems updates including mass security patch management
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with monitoring and assessment of system utilization and application performance
- Advanced to expert knowledge and understanding of all layers of the OSI model
- Basic to intermediate knowledge of core network infrastructure and various networking concepts including but not limited to DNS, DHCP, WINS, VLAN assignments, link aggregation, etc.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge with various network hardware such as but not limited to Cisco Switches, Firewalls, Routers, Ironport and Aironet, HP ProCurve, Dell Powerconnect, Force10 and Sonicwall, Meraki line of products, Palo Alto firewalls
- Basic to advanced knowledge and experience with end-point protection technologies including local and hypervisor-based antivirus and antimalware real-time scanning
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and experience with various enterprise rack mount and blade server hardware such as but not limited to Dell PowerEdge, HP ProLiant and Cisco UCS platforms.
- Basic to advanced knowledge and experience with tiered enterprise storage solutions including technologies based on Fibre Channel and iSCSI
- Basic to advanced knowledge and experience with Fibre Channel switching including technologies based on Brocade and Cisco
- Basic to advanced knowledge and experience in automation including scripting, scheduled tasks, work flow design, mass deployment of software, etc.
- Basic to intermediate knowledge and experience with Linux based operating systems such as RedHat, Ubuntu, Fedora, Gentoo and SUSE
- Basic to advanced knowledge of regulatory and compliance policies such as PCI, HIPPA, HITECH Act, Sarbanes-Oxley, etc.
- Basic to advanced knowledge of data loss prevention
- Bachelor’s Degree a plus
- Microsoft Certifications, MTA, MCSA required
- Microsoft Certifications MCITP, MCSE Server, Exchange, etc. strongly desired
- VMware VCA, VCP strongly desired
- Citrix Certifications CCAA, CCEE desired
- Cisco CCNA certification desired
- At least 5 years hands on IT experience